What do you do when your 8 year old tells you that she wants to try vegan banana bread? Well, if you’re me, you run to the store, buy all of the ingredients and you bake one with her immediately before she changes her mind.
Banana bread is one of those things that you don’t remember how much you love until you taste it again. If you haven’t had any in a while, now is the time to get in your kitchen and bake one. This recipe is not only easy to make but is so good! And it’s vegan!
Since we’ve decided to go dairy and meat free, we’ve had such a hard time finding things to bake that we really love. I’ve tried a few. Some were prettier than they were tasty and others didn’t even get pretty points. When I found this recipe for vegan banana bread, I put a little spin on it and it was amazing. It was completely gone in 2 days and I had requests for more.
If you aren’t a nut person, feel free to leave those out. You can also leave out the chocolate chips, I just threw those in there to make it a little more appealing for my little one. I’m pretty sure she would eat chocolate covered bugs if I gave them to her, just because there was chocolate involved.
If you’re in the baking mood, I hope you’ll try this vegan banana bread out and let me know what you think. Would you change anything about it? Comment below and let me know! I may try it with your twist next time! Thanks for reading and make sure to check out our other recipes!
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, and flour lightly.
- Mash 3 of the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a wooden spoon to mix.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Cup up remaining banana into slices and layout on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to comment, follow, and share!
▶ For collab inquiries: email@example.com
▶ Facebook: http://facebook.com/thesupermomlife
▶ Instagram: http://instagram.com/thesupermomlifeblog
▶ Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesupermomlife
▶ YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/TheSuperMomLife