136 167 131
If you have girls in your house, chances are at one point or another, they’ve wanted to become a mermaid. I happen to have three of them. Though one has changed her mind occasionally and switched to team unicorn, she still wants to be a mermaid on most days. I can’t blame them really. The Little Mermaid was one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. Ariel always had beautiful flowing hair, great friends and the singing voice of an angel.
Since it’s a topic of conversation in our house way more often than you could imagine, I thought it would be fun to sit down and talk about the 5 reasons they want to be a mermaid as well as the 5 downsides of being a mermaid. I have to admit, there was a lot of restraint on my part not to laugh at their answers. I hope we can look back on this post years from now and have a good laugh together.
12 Year Old Lucia Wants to be a Mermaid Because…
- She can talk to animals like dolphins and seahorses about pollution.
- She can breathe underwater.
- She can swim forever and not get tired.
- She will feel magical.
- She will have water powers like manipulating water to move.
9 Year Old Iyla Wants to be a Mermaid Because…
- She can find treasure in the ocean like gold and shipwrecks.
- She will have a beautiful voice.
- She will have mermaid powers including teleport water across the ocean, see through people’s minds, be able to stop fires and the ability to strike lightning anywhere.
- She can swim away from things when they annoy her, like her sisters.
- She will be able to spend more time with her family when they’re not annoying her.
5 Year Old Falynn Wants to be a Mermaid Because…
- She will have colorful rainbow hair.
- She can wear beautiful makeup like sparkly lipstick and blue eyeshadow and beautiful eyelashes and nail polish.
- She will live in a castle home with a TV that plays mermaid news, mermaid tv shows and mermaid movies.
- She can play on the swimming playground on the swimming slide and a tail drum thing that you can bang your tail on to play music.
- She can have a rainbow tail.
12 Year Old Lucia Says the Downside of Being a Mermaid Is…
- You’re not human.
- You can’t dance or jump.
- You can’t breathe above water because mermaids are like fish.
- You can’t be on your phone. They have shell phones but they aren’t as high tech as a smart phone.
- She doesn’t think they can cook. They just eat fish which means that they eat their own kind. Oh no!
9 Year Old Iyla Says the Downside of Being a Mermaid Is…
- Never being able to be on shore for a long time or she might get too hot.
- The rules that her mermaid family might have about visiting the other side.
- Sometimes your powers can get wacky.
- You might get attacked by creatures like eels or sharks.
- There might be some evil witches down there, like Ursula.
5 Year Old Falynn Says the Downside of Being a Mermaid Is…
- Some of the mermaids are evil and mischievous and mad. They are like step-sisters.
- You could get eaten by a shark.
- You could probably sink if you’re little kid (apparently little kid mermaids don’t know how to swim).
- She’s not sure how mermaids pee but she thinks they have to get out of water first because you aren’t supposed to pee in the water (even though she and Iyla always do and she’s not afraid to admit it).
- The house would have water inside but there’s no food in it because it would be soggy and no water to drink. You can’t drink the ocean water because things with fly in your mouth like jelly fishes and crabs and baby sharks.
All three girls said that even though there are downsides to being a mermaid, that wouldn’t stop them from becoming one if they could. I guess when you want something bad enough, the good always outweighs the bad.
And while they can’t actually become mermaids, lucky for them, they were sent these mermaid tails from Fin Fun. I love that they can put them on and use their imagination to become the mermaid they’ve always wanted to be.
It all Started with a Little Girl’s Dream to be a Mermaid
There is nothing I love more than a company that starts because of a little girl’s dream. In 2009, an 11 year old girl named Emily dreamt of swimming like a mermaid. Her Grandma, Karen designed, sewed, fit and finally created a beautiful mermaid tail that Emily could really swim in! Of course, all of Emily’s cousins, their friends and their friends wanted their own mermaid tails. Fin Fun Mermaid Tails was born.
Today, Fin Fun Mermaid is still making mermaid tails and selling them all over the world! While Grandma Karen doesn’t sew them anymore, she still owns the company and many of her children and grandchildren are running the business. Could there be a more magical story behind a magical company?
What makes Fin Fun Mermaid Tails the #1 Swimmable Mermaid Tail?
- 100% Swimmable – experience the joy and freedom of mermaid swimming with a fabric tail made from high-quality swimsuit material.
- Superior Safety Features – open bottom mermaid tail design and patented monofin that offers quick release.
- Machine Washable– our tails are durable enough to be washed on the gentle cycle in your washing machine.
- Patented Monofin – made with dive-grade neoprene, fits any foot size, built for comfort, and offers a lifetime warranty against insert breakage.
- Reinforced Tail Tips – Patent-pending Tip Reinforcement Technology exclusive to Fin Fun prevents tears and holes at tail tips.
- 60-Day Tail Tip Warranty – No other mermaid tail company offers a one-time, FREE tail replacement within 60 days should tail tip rip or tear.
If you haven’t already, you need to check out Fin Fun. They offer so much more than just mermaid tails. They sell swimwear, apparel, toys, blankets and more!
What do your kids want to be when they grow up? Comment below and let us know!
Pin for later >>