4 1 214
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
When I was asked to re-create a recipe with Fresh from Florida sweet corn, I was over the moon. Corn is one of those veggies that we don’t eat as often as we would like to. There’s something about fresh corn that makes my family happy. It’s sweet, it’s delicious and it can be incorporated into so many dishes.
Lately, when I think of fresh corn, I immediately think salsa. What’s better than a fresh salsa? It makes a great side dish or a dip for your favorite chips. I’m excited to share my take on the Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa from the Fresh From Florida website. We had to alter it just a bit because kids can be picky.
We are very fortunate to live in Florida, where local farmers make it easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year-round. Our local Publix supermarket offers a large variety of fresh veggies and fruits and we find ourselves there multiple times a week, stocking up on as many as we can fit into our fridge. Publix proudly displays the “Fresh from Florida” sign on all of the locally grown produce, so we know which ones were grown right here in our beautiful sunshine state.
Before making the salsa, make sure to roast the corn. I found a really easy way to do it that I wanted to share.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove husks and silks from corn.
- Butter corn and wrap in foil.
- Place on cookie sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
Once the corn is roasted, let cool a bit before you cut the kernels. Then you’re ready to make the Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa!
You can find the full recipe below. It was such a hit that my 8 year old would have eaten the entire bowl if I didn’t take the spoon out of her hands. It’s easy and really delicious. Next time, we may add some black beans to it, for a heartier dish. I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Is it something you would make? What changes would you make?
- 4 ears corn, roasted and kernels removed from cob
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 haas Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 lime, juiced (more if desired)
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to follow Fresh From Florida’s social platforms to find fantastic ideas featuring Florida fruits and vegetables and watch easy how-to videos for quick and healthy recipes. Make sure to check out all of the yummy recipes on the Fresh From Florida site!
- Fresh From Florida Website: http://www.freshfromflorida.com
- Fresh From Florida Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/freshfromfl
- Fresh From Florida Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshfromflorida
- Fresh From Florida Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshfromfl