Looking for an easy and fun Valentine for your kids to give to their friends? Having three girls, so far apart in age, holidays like this can get expensive. So, this year, my girls worked together to find the perfect Valentine that’s great for all ages. What they came up with is absolutely adorable and as perfect for Kindergarten as it is for Middle School. A small container of candy, a shovel spoon and a little note that says “I totally dig you.”
We purchased all of the supplies on Amazon, except for the Valentine candy and the things we already had in the house. In total, each Valentine wound up costing approx. $1 each.
The girls had a blast at the kitchen table, putting each box together for their friends and they can’t wait to bring them to school on Valentine’s Day and wow them with what they’ve created.
- Take your pillow boxes and seal one side with a small piece of tape to make sure they stay closed.
- Fill the boxes with candy and seal the top with another small piece of tape.
- Secure the shovel to the front, center of the box with a small piece of tape.
- Cut out 2″ circles from the red construction paper.
- Print the labels. These can be created in Word, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop. Each label should say “I Totally Dig You!” and your child’s name.
- Peel a sticker and attach it to the center of each construction paper circle.
- Punch a hole in the top of each circle construction paper/label. I used a heart hole punch, but you can use a circle as well.
- Tie a piece of string around the box (at the center of the shovel).
- Thread the construction paper/label circle through the string and tie again to form a knot. Then tie into a bow.
Looking for another idea? Make sure to check out Amy’s Valenslime idea!
Pin for later >>