1 106 87
Today is National Margarita Day. Problem is, I don’t drink but FOMO is real and I had to come up with a way to jump on the bandwagon. So instead of making something we’d just wind up throwing out, I decided to create a kid-friendly version that the whole family will love. You guys… it’s so good. Like really, really good. My kids decided they loved it so much, they had to name it. Iyla came up with “Mom-a-rita”. Pretty clever, right? They’ve asked that I make it multiple times already (just this week alone) and I really can’t blame them. If you’re looking for a family friendly, non-alcoholic recipe for a margarita that the whole family can enjoy, read on! It’s the yummiest non-alcoholic margarita… at least according to my kids.
The Yummiest Non-Alcoholic Margarita
- 3 cups Lemon Lime Soda
- 3 cups Limeade
- 1 cup Orange Juice no pulp
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 1 Lime sliced
- Margarita Salt or Sugar
- Add soda, limeade and orange juice to a pitcher and stir.
- Slice up the lemon and lime for each cup, making a small slit so that it can sit on the cup.
- Run the lemon or lime (or both) along the rim of the glass and then set the slices aside (you'll use these again in a minute).
- Dip the top of the glass in either the margarita salt or sugar.
- Pour the mixture into each glass and top with a slice of lemon and lime.
Results are best if you refrigerate the liquids well before you need them. If not, you can add ice for a similar result (though the ice may make it a little on the watery side if not finished fast). Who am I kidding? This isn’t going to last more than a few minutes once everyone tastes it.
After three cups, the girls were all smiles. I’ll be making these again tonight, along with our Vegetarian Lentil Tacos with Avocado and Salsa Fresca for National Margarita Day. How are you celebrating? Will you be making family friendly margaritas, alcoholic margaritas or both? I’d love to hear your plans. Comment below and let me know!
Pin for later >>
*This post contains affiliate links meaning, if you click on them and purchase something, I may make a small commission. We appreciate your support! All opinions are my own.