1 88 93
This post is sponsored by Walmart and ShopStyle. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that 1 in 8 Americans (that’s 40 million Americans) struggle with food insecurity? As a Mom, those numbers are terrifying. No person should ever go hungry. I’m honored to share that Walmart and Feeding America® are doing something about it! Now through May 20th, you could help secure a meal by doing something that you’re probably already doing. When you purchase a select item at a Walmart store or at Walmart.com, you’ll help secure a meal through Feeding America for families in need. Join me in participating in Walmart’s 6th Annual “Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” campaign.
“Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” is a long-standing effort in which Walmart aims to end food insecurity in local communities across the US by partnering with Feeding America, brand suppliers and customers to help secure meals for those in need.
During our last trip to Walmart, I was able to pick up the following 6 participating items:
Alongside some of our favorite ingredients, I was able to create this Taco Bowl Bar for my family, which is always a huge hit! During checkout, I also chose to donate additional $ to the campaign and I encourage you to do the same. Every dollar helps! You can find all of the participating items here.
Taco Bowl Bar Recipe
The Ultimate Taco Bowl Bar
- 1 package UNCLE BEN'S Ready Rice: Spanish Style
- 1 package McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Birds Eye Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Birds Eye Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Pace Chunky Salsa
- 1 package ground meat or vegetarian crumbles
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 package shredded cheese
- 1 avocado chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- tortilla chips optional
- Cook crumbles per package directions (if you're using ground meat, brown in pan)
- In separate pots, warm corn, beans and broccoli, according to package directions. Season corn and beans as desired.
- Add McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix and water, stir.
- Cook rice in microwave for 90 seconds, per package directions.
- Place all ingredients in their own bowl.
- Add as many, or as little ingredients as you'd like.
- Serve chips on the side!
Let’s Fight Hunger and Spark Change
I hope you’ll join me and visit your local Walmart. Let’s work together to fight hunger and spark change.
Disclaimer: For every participating product purchased at Walmart between now and May 20th, 2019, the manufacturer will donate $0.10 to Feeding America – enough to secure at least 1 meal on behalf of local food banks – up to each manufacturer’s maximum donation. Each manufacturer’s maximum donation is provided on the participating packages. See package or Walmart.com/FightHunger for details.
Pin for later >>