If you love caramel macchiatos, you will absolutely love the cookie version! We took chocolate chip and espresso cookies and stuffed them with caramel.
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 3 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 bag chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- 14 oz bag caramels
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a mixing bowl, add hot water and espresso powder. Powder should dissolve right away.
- Add cookie mix, flour, vanilla, egg and butter and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and hand stir until well distributed.
- Unwrap caramels and cut them in half.
- Shape dough into 1in balls with one or two pieces of caramel in the center of each dough ball.
- Place dough balls into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and allow to fully cool.
- Category: Dessert