Quite possibly our favorite part of the Passover seder plate. Charoset is the perfect combination of walnuts, apples, cinammon, sugar and grape juice.
- 16 oz walnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled and chopped)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¾ cups grape juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5–6 tsp sugar
- Finely chop walnuts in your food processor. I use the pulse setting over and over again until it's evenly chopped. Place chopped walnuts into a bowl.
- Add chopped apples and lemon juice to your food processor and using the same setting, pulse until apples are diced. Add to bowl with walnuts.
- Add cinammon, sugar and grape juice and stir until combined. Let sit for 15-30 minutes and serve with matzoh.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: Jewish