The easy recipe that finally convinced me to try guacamole is now my family’s absolute favorite homemade guacamole recipe!
- 3 haas avocados
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Slice each avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a knife, slice each side of the avocado so that you have 12 or so pieces. Scoop out into a medium sized bowl.
- Dice your tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- Squeeze limes into the bowl (make sure there are no seeds)
- Add salt
- Mix until combined and serve immediately.
If you don’t plan to serve immediately, cover your bowl with plastic wrap and make sure to press down so that there is no air between the guacamole and the plastic wrap. Guacamole only turns brown when the air hits it for too long.
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: guacamole, avocado, easy, fresh