Just 10-15 minutes of prep for this slow cooker main dish. It’s the most delicious bbq beef you’ll ever eat.
- 3–4 lbs of brisket (or any cut of beef)
- olive oil (for browning)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix together all of the rub spices and rub all over the beef.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium high heat and brown meat, approx 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Mix all bbq sauce ingredients in the slow cooker until combined.
- Move beef into slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the beef in the slow cooker and make sure the sauce is covering each piece.
- Cover and heat on low for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Switch to warm and uncover. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Serve sauce on the side or put it in a jar and refrigerate for later.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: beef, slow cooker, bbq, barbecue, brisket