This fried cabbage with bacon and sausage is a delicious, budget-friendly meal that is easy to make and the family will love.
- 1 package smoked sausage, sliced thin
- 1 package thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 head cabbage, chopped thin
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Chop and slice all of the ingredients.
- Place the skillet or dutch oven on the stove on medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or when the bacon is fully cooked, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Remove sausage and bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Add onions to the bacon grease and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add peppers and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the bacon and sausage to the pan, stir, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until ready to serve.