An easy way make homemade play dough using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil.
- Boil water and move to a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Add food coloring and essential oils and stir until mixed well.
- Add the colored water to the dry mixture and mix with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until combined.
- Take a bit of the remaining flour and coat your hands. The rest should go into the dough mixture.
- Mix with your hands, kneading until the dough is soft and not sticky.
- Refrigerate when not using your play dough. It should last 1-2 weeks.