These individual all-American apple pies are easy and filled with a delicious homemade apple and cinnamon filing. These are perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or all year round!
- 4 cups apples (chopped in small chunks)
- 3/8 cup granulated sugar
- 2.5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp butter (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease your muffin pan with butter
- Store Bought, Refrigerated Pie Crust: – Unroll
Homemade Pie Crust – Follow your directions to make dough, roll out to approx. 1/8″ thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out individual circles. You can use cookie cutters, the top of a jar, or anything in your kitchen that is 3.5 – 4″ wide.
- Gently press one dough circle into each greased muffin cup. There should be some dough left over for the top of each pie.
- Place the muffin pan and leftover dough into the refrigerator, while you make the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chopped apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg until combined.
- Remove muffin pan from the refrigerator and evenly distribute the filling between all muffin cups. You should have enough to fill each one to the top.
- Remove the extra pie dough from the refrigerator, cut out the designs and place them on top of each individual pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove the muffin tin and brush melted butter on the top of each individual pie crust. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. The crust should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a small utensil, like a knife, carefully drag along the edges of each pie and push up, until individual pies slide out.
- Serve warm with topping of your choice, or plain!