This isn’t your typical taco. It’s full of so many Asian flavors you love. A crunchy egg roll taco shell filled with a spicy chicken and topped with Asian slaw. A budget-friendly and delicious meal idea!
- General Tso’s Chicken (any freezer brand)
- Egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 16oz coleslaw mix
Asian Slaw Dressing:
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Ginger paste or finely chopped fresh
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cook the General Tso’s Chicken according to the package.
- Heat vegetable oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into circles using a cookie cutter or the top of a cup.
- Once the oil has reached 375º, fry each wrapper for 10 seconds (light golden brown) in a taco press. If you don’t have a taco press, you can fry flattened and eat it like a tostada instead.
- Set each taco shell onto a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Fill each shell with 1-2 pieces of chicken and top with slaw. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min