Challah French Toast with an incredible rich, cinammon and nutmeg flavor that your family will love.
- 6 slices challah (egg bread) (sliced thick)
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- salt (pinch)
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- maple syrup (to taste)
- butter or oil
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
- Lightly oil or butter a skillet or griddle and heat to medium-high.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place in pan, sprinkle cinnamon (optional) and cook on both sides until golden.
- Top with fresh fruit, powdered sugar and/or maple syrup and serve hot.
- Category: Breakfast