Quite possibly the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tasted! They make the perfect gift for your friends and family!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water and set aside.
- Finely grind rolled oats in a food processor. Combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl and sift.
- Add instant espresso to batter and stir until combined.
- Slowly add dried ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts to the batter. Mix until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Category: Dessert