Two pounds of meat and nine cups of cheese are layered in between no boil lasagna noodles and marinara sauce, making this meal hearty, easy to make and super delicious.
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles (15 total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, basil
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 6 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon each fresh basil and fresh oregano, chopped finely
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add beef and sausage together. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and basil. Stir and crumble until fully cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, fresh basil and fresh oregano. Stir until combined. (step 1 and 2 in photos)
- On the bottom of your baking dish, spread one cup of marinara sauce so that the entire bottom is covered as best as possible. (step 3 in photos)
- Lay 4 sheets of no boil lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, slightly overlapping. (step 4 in photos)
- Cover lasagna noodles with another cup of sauce. Makes sure noodles are totally covered – especially the corners. (step 5 in photos)
- Using a small scoop, scoop out your cheese mixture and layer on top. (step 6 in photos)
- Sprinkle a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese throughout. (forgot a picture of this step, oops)
- Top with 1/3 of your meat. (step 7 in photos)
- Lay 4 sheets of no boil lasagna noodles on top, slightly overlapping and press down gently. (step 8 in photos)
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 again another two times. The final layer of noodles will only be 3 sheets (step 9 in photos)
- Cover lasagna noodles with another cup of sauce. (step 10 in photos)
- Separate 1 cup of mozzarella and set aside. Place the rest of the mozzarella on top of the lasagna. (step 12 in photos)
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- When it’s done, remove foil and top with the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes and then broil for 3 minutes (uncovered).
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.