This toasted coconut graham cracker pie crust works well with any pie filling including pudding, custard, key lime or cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 325°
- Spread the sweetened coconut on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove, stir and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Continue until coconut is browned and toasted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Meanwhile, place your graham crackers in a food processor and grind them into crumbs. Move them to a medium bowl.
- When your coconut is toasted, grind it up in the food processor and add it to the bowl with your graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt your butter and add it to the crumb mixture. Stir until combined.
- Put your mixture into a 9.5″ pie plate. I find it’s easiest to start on the sides and evenly press the mixture all around. Then you can press the remaining mixture on the bottom of the pie dish, in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Then your pie crust is ready for the filling of your choosing!