The perfect combination of beef, pasta, onions, peppers and spices, in a tomato sauce. It’s a recipe that my Nana made once a week and brings me back to my childhood every single time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp oil, vegetable or olive
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- (2) 8oz cans of tomato sauce
- 16 0z water
- 3 tsp worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute ground beef in oil, on medium high heat until browned and cooked completely.
- Add uncooked macaroni, inions, green pepper and garlic. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain excess oil.
- Add tomato sauce, water, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.