Love shrimp scampi but looking for a low carb option? This recipe is a family favorite and is the perfect Summer dish!
- 1 lb Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Silver Spring Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped fine)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch Fresh Asparagus
- 3 tbsp Water
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter with garlic in large pan.
- Saute shrimp over medium-high heat approx 3-5 minutes (until they turn pink), flipping half way through.
- Remove shrimp, set aside and lower heat to low.
- Add dijon mustard, remaining butter, lemon juice and 1/2 of the parsley. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk together.
- In a separate pan, add asparagus and water. Cover and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes. You want the asparagus to be crisp, but cooked.
- Meanwhile, if you find there are lumps in your dijon sauce, strain it and return sauce and shrimp to the pan. Add most of the remaining parsley, leaving just enough for garnish.
- Drain asparagus and plate, topping with shrimp.
- Drizzle sauce on top, sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.