An easy and delicious recipe for stuffing/dressing. This can be used to stuff the turkey or can be made as a separate dish.
- 1 loaf rye bread (cubed)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- fresh dill (chopped, stems removed)
- poultry seasoning (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Chop one loaf of bread into cubes and place onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake at 350° until bread is toasted (approx. 5-10 minutes).
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and celery and cook until you reach your desired consistency, stirring occassionally. We prefer to leave a little crunch, but you may prefer them soft.
- Add fresh dill, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.
- Add chicken broth and mix well.
- Refrigerate in a casserole dish so that it’s cool when you are ready to stuff the turkey.
- To bake in a casserole dish as a side dish, put in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 350°.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American