The perfect treat for your next Halloween gathering. Cupcakes will be filled with either sprinkles (treat) or slime (trick).
- ¾ cup butter (room temperature)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 15 Oreo cookies
- purple or orange dye or gel
- 1 pkg french vanilla pudding mix
- green dye or gel
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners. You’ll need 24.
- Add buttter, granulated sugar and brown sugar to a bowl. You’ll want to use the paddle attachment for your mixer, if you have one.
- Beat together on med-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each one.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk togehter chocolate milk, sour cream and water.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer running on low, add ¼ of the sifted flour mix.
- Once the flour has been mixed in, add ⅓ of the liquid mix.
- Once that’s been mixed in, add ¼ of the sifted flour. Repeat until all ingredients are in the bowl.
- Finish by scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix by hand.
- Scoop batter into each cupcake liner. You’ll want to fill it somewhere between ½ and ¾.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a cupcake corer to remove the center of each cupcake.
- Fill half with “slime” and the other half with rainbow sprinkles.
- Replace the top of each cupcake center and add frosting on top.
- Decorate as desired. I used candy eyeballs.
- Place Oreos (with creme center) in a food processor and pulse until they are chopped fine.
- Beat butter in a mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and heavy cream and mix on med-low until combined.
- Mix on high and whip until fluffy.
- Add Oreos and combine by hand.
- Make according to package and add green dye or gel. Refrigerate.
- Category: Dessert