A twist on the traditional pigs in a blanket appetizer. This delicious finger food features italian sausage and mozzarella cheese, wrapped in a puff pastry and brushed with a garlic, parmesan and butter sauce. Serve with a side of marinara sauce.
- 1 pkg puff pastry sheets (cut into triangles)
- 1 block mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 1 pkg fully cooked pork sausage links
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once your puff pastry sheets are thawed, cut one in half and then cut each piece diagonally to form 2 triangles. Repeat with 2 other sheets. You should have 12 triangles in total.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into small rectangles, no bigger than the top of your pastry triangle. Place each piece of cheese on top of each dough triangle. Place a full cooked sausage link on top of each piece of cheese.
- Starting from the thickest point, roll your dough completely around the cheese and sausage and place onto cookie sheet.
- Combine melted butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Brush mixture onto the top of each pig in a blanket and top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian