One of our Nana's specialties, this beef brisket is tender and goes perfectly with the homemade gravy and potatoes.
- 3 lb beef brisket or pot roast
- 1 onion (cut length wise)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 6 carrots (peeled and chopped into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz tomato sauce (canned)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 small potatoes (chopped)
- 1 can water
- Add oil to pan on medium-high heat.
- Season meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Brown meat in pan, on all sides.
- Add carrots, potatoes, onions, bay leaf and green pepper to the slow cooker. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Add browned meat on top of your veggies in the slow cooker.
- Top with tomato sauce. Fill can with water and add to slow cooker.
- Cover and set to high for 4-6 hours. Then, you can turn to low until you're ready to eat.
- Remove meat, potatoes and half of the carrots.
- Put remaining veggies and sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over meat and serve along side potatoes and carrots.
- Category: Main Course