These St. Patrick’s Day brownies are perfectly moist on the inside, and have the perfect amount of mint and melted chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp green food coloring
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mint fudge baking chips (or chopped Andes mints)
- Gold luster dust and/or edible gold stars (optional)
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave in 20-second increments. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving parchment along the sides of the pan. This will help you to remove the brownies easily.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add eggs and whisk for two full minutes.
- Add vanilla and food coloring and stir until fully combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Add mint and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan and tap on the counter until leveled.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by pulling up the two longer sides of parchment paper. Place the brownies on a cooling rack.
- If you are going to brush luster dust on top, you’ll want the top to cool down or the top of the brownies will start to flake off. If you are going to add sprinkles or edible gold stars, you can then sprinkle those on.
- Cut the brownies into 9 equal pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes