Looking for a veggie alternative to bacon? This crispy zucchini with a smoky flavor is a great option!
- 2 Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ TBSP liquid smoke
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients (except zucchini).
- Place marinade in a sealable bag or container with lid and add slices of zucchini.
- Marinate zucchini for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place zucchini strips in a single layer.
- Bake for an hour, turn each slice over and repeat.
- When you have the desired consistency (soft or crunchy), remove from oven and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American