Apples wrapped in crispy, fried dough and covered in cinnamon and sugar. Imagine an apple stuffed churro. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever eaten.
- 4–5 medium granny smith apples
- Funnel cake batter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- oil for frying
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Caramel Dipping Sauce
- Mix sugars and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make funnel cake batter according to our recipe.
- Add oil to a deep fryer or pan. You’ll need about 2 inches high in a pan or enough according to the instructions of your deep fryer. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples like french fries. I highly recommend this french fry cutter. It makes the whole process super easy and quick.
- One by one, dip your apple sticks into the funnel cake batter. Shake off the excess.
- Drop into your heated oil and fry for 3-4 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. You want them to be golden brown.
- Remove your apple fries and let sit on a paper towel/plate to soak up any excess oil.
- Coat in sugar mixture. Top with powdered sugar (optional).
- Serve warm with caramel dip and/or whipped cream.