In case you want to look back and remember what an insane year 2020 has been, I’ve compiled a list of bizarre events of 2020. From murder hornets to UFO’s, this is definitely a year we’ll be talking about for generations to come.
Bizarre Events of 2020
- Wild fires spread in Australia.
- A 17 year old NASA intern discovers a new planet.
- After an Iranian military general is killed, it is almost the start of World War III.
- Mystery drones fly over Colorado and Nebraska.
- COVID-19 makes it’s appearance in China.
- Prince Harry and Megan announce they are officially stepping down from their duties in the royal family.
- Donald Trump is impeached in the House.
- A Ukranian plane crashs in Iran, killing 176 passengers on board.
- COVID-19 shows up in the US.
- Planters announces that Mr. Peanut, the mascot for the nut brand, has died.
- Kobe Bryant, his daughter and 7 others die in a helicopter crash.
- Brexit becomes official and the UK begins the process of formally withdrawing from the European Union.
- There is a locust swarm in Africa.
- President Trump is acquitted.
- NASA astronaut Christina Koch returns to Earth after 328 days in space, a record for a woman.
- The broom challenge hoax goes viral.
- A female Brazilian surfer rides the biggest recorded wave, off the coast of Portugal, which measures 73.5 feet.
- Netflix releases Love is Blind. Jessica lets her dog drink wine out of her glass and the world falls in love with Lauren and Cameron.
- The Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy.
- First responders are attacked by 40,000 bees.
- Ahmaud Arbery is shot and killed while jogging in Georgia.
- The U.S. and Taliban reach a conditional peace agreement.
- MSNBC host Chris Matthews resigns abruptly after comparing Bernie Sanders’ campaign to the Nazi invasion of France.
- Italy shuts the entire country down.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges more than 2,000 points.
- Harvey Weinstein is found guilty and is sentenced to 23 years in prison.
- Tom Hanks and his wife test positive for COVID-19.
- Schools close and kids begin distance learning.
- Monkeys take over a city in Thailand.
- Everything shuts down in the United States and people are asked to stay home.
- We learned how to properly wash our hands.
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
- Professional sports are cancelled.
- Elon Musk predicts COVID cases would be down to zero by April.
- Breonna Taylor is shot and killed by police in Louisville.
- Spain goes into nationwide coronavirus lockdown.
- Sarah Palin appears on The Masked Singer and sings “Baby Got Back”
- Toilet paper is sold out everywhere.
- Netflix releases Tiger King and everyone is convinced that Carole Baskin killed her husband – whacked him.
- Worldwide coronavirus death toll passes 10,000.
- Summer Olympics is officially cancelled.
- A Florida commissioner is forced to issue an apology for telling his constituents that they could rid themselves of the coronavirus simply by blowing a hair dryer up their nose.
- Bob Dylan releases a 17-minute song about the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
- Amazon Prime shipments are taking up to a month to arrive.
- Global cases pass 500,000.
- The country debates whether Andrew Cuomo has nipple piercings.
- Number of coronavirus cases worldwide passes 1 million.
- More than 6.6 million workers file for unemployment in the U.S.
- Joe Biden is officially the Democratic nominee.
- IRS begins sending stimulus checks to Americans for $1200 each. Little do they know that it will have to last them for eight months.
- Kim Jong-Un dies.
- Kim Jong-Un comes back from the dead.
- At least 23 people are killed in several shootings and fires set by a man impersonating a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer in Nova Scotia.
- U.S. passes 50,000 total coronavirus deaths.
- Pentagon released 3 UFO videos.
- Blues icon, Little Richard passes away.
- Murder hornets arrive in the U.S.
- A monkey steals COVID samples.
- Karens go viral.
- George Floyd is killed and the video is released to the public.
- Elon Musk names his baby boy X AE A-12
- Black Lives Matter protests begin.
- A Bolivian orchestra is trapped in a castle, surrounded by wolves.
- NASA researchers working in Antarctica detect “evidence” of a parallel universe.
- There is a new Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Poland accidentally invades the Czech Republic.
- Undiscovered mass in the center of the earth is discovered.
- A giant asteroid misses the earth.
- People argue that masks take away your freedom.
- Dust cloud from Sahara Desert, called Godzilla, affects air quality.
- Scientists from Virginia Tech shares info about flying snakes.
- The blue star goes missing.
- Confederate statues are taken down.
- Mystery seeds start to arrive from China which are found to be a part of an internet scam.
- Police warn people to stop flushing drugs as they are creating meth-gators.
- People believe that Wayfair is sex trafficking children inside of their storage cabinets.
- Kanye West runs for President.
- Ivanka Trump tells American’s who lost their job due to COVID-19 to #FindSomethingNew.
- John Lewis passes away.
- Ghislaine Maxwell is arrested in connection with the Jeffrey Epstein sex crimes.
- Explosions in Beirut cause $15 billion in damage.
- Cancer is discovered in a 76 million year old dinosaur bone.
- Cardi B’s WAP releases and grandmas all over TikTok hilariously react to it.
- A reverse waterfall is spotted in Australia.
- A fire tornado is spotted in California.
- Donald Trump threatens to shut down TikTok.
- Chadwick Boseman passes away.
- Aunt Becky from Full House (Lori Loughlin) goes to prison for paying her daughters way into college.
- Deadly wildfires erupt from California to Washington.
- An Austrian man accidentally damages a 200-year-old sculpture in Italy while taking a photo with it.
- Steve Bannon is indicted for stealing Build the Wall donations.
- Macaulay Culkin turns 40 and we all feel old.
- A power outage locks The Rock in his home. He rips the gates off with his bare hands.
- Qantas Airlines announced a seven-hour “flight to nowhere” which sells out in 10 minutes.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away.
- Chris Evans accidentally leaks a nude photo of himself and then uses the opportunity to remind people to vote.
- Donald Trump’s taxes show that he paid $750 in federal income taxes.
- Carole Baskin is a contestant on Dancing with the Stars and dances in a lion costume.
- A court in Ireland rules that Subway bread isn’t actually bread.
- A theory spreads that the late JFK Jr. will return from the dead and replace Pence as Trump’s running mate.
- Donald and Melania Trump test positive for COVID-19.
- Miley Cyrus claims she had an encounter with an alien in front of a taco shop.
- A pair of gay penguins steal an egg from a pair of lesbian penguins.
- Pope Francis says he supports same-sex civil unions.
- Venomous caterpillars are found in Virginia.
- Water is discovered on the moon.
- Kanye West gifts Kim Kardashian a hologram of her late father and programs him to say that she married “the most, most, most, most, most genius man in the whole world”.
- A puppy in Italy is born with green fur. They name him Pistachio.
- Joe Biden becomes the 46th President of the United States.
- Sarah McBride becomes the nation’s first openly transgender state senator.
- Rudy Giuliani holds a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping, a local business located near a sex shop and crematorium. The internet goes wild.
- Alex Trebek passes away.
- A shiny monolith is discovered in the remote desert of Utah.
- Rudy Giuliani’s leaking hair dye takes over the internet.
- People begin to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A gingerbread monolith is discovered in a San Francisco park and later crumbles.
- A suicide bomber uses an RV and causes extensive damage to Downtown Nashville.
- COVID cases in the US pass 19.7 million and 341,000 deaths.
- COVID cases worldwide pass 82.7 million and 1.8 million deaths.
If you know of any bizarre events of 2020 that I missed, please comment below so that I can add them. I imagine it will be fun to look back on this post in 10 years and remember how we spent the year in our home, waiting for another crazy news story to break.
What was the most bizarre event of 2020 for you?