Looking for a fun and easy craft for your kids this Spring? With just a few supplies, your kids will be able to create bookmarks featuring their favorite animal. For this tutorial, since Spring is here and Easter is right around the corner, we decided to feature the bunny. I’m excited to reveal our “Bunny Bookmark” Easter or Spring craft idea! Make sure to check out the step by step video, featuring my 9 year old daughter!
What we love about this particular craft project is that it’s easy enough for the kids to follow along and do on their own. Unless you decide to use hot glue, everything is safe enough for your little ones. If you don’t have safety scissors, you can cut out the pieces for them as well. I usually do that for them so that they aren’t spending time cutting them out. Of course, if you are looking for something to keep them busy, just trace the pieces for them and they can cut them out with their safety scissors.
Supplies You’ll Need:
Glue Stick or Hot Glue
Bunny Bookmark Directions:
- Pre-cut (1) square piece of paper, (2) bunny ears, (2) slightly smaller pieces to go inside the bunny ears, (1) rounded triangle for the nose, (1) rectangle for the teeth.
- Fold the bunny according to our step by step video.
- Using glue stick, attach the smaller piece of the ear, in front of the bigger piece.
- Add glue stick to the front, bottom of each ear and attach behind the top of the bunny’s head.
- Either glue the eyes or, if you have self-adhesive eyes, just peel the back and stick.
- Using glue stick, attach the nose.
- Using a black marker, draw a line down the center of the white rectangle (bunny’s teeth).
- Using glue stick or hot glue, attach the bunnies teeth.