Looking for an easy and fun recipe for Spring and Easter treats? Check out these adorable chocolate chick egg nest treats! A recipe so simple, your kids will be able to help and a treat so delicious, they’ll beg you for more. These cute little nests are made from handmade rice cereal treats, shaped like a bird’s nest, shredded coconut and three colorful chocolate eggs. It’s an inexpensive and easy treat for the whole family. These are perfect for your next Easter party or just for an after school snack!
When it comes to holiday treats, I try to come up with options that are quick. When you have three very impatient kids in the house, you really don’t have any other option. These treats took about 15 minutes and that was only because I didn’t realize how sticky they really are. My advice, make sure you have wax or parchment paper on hand! Which reminds me…
Here Are The Supplies You’ll Need:
Cupcake Liners (optional)
Something Small and Round
Silicone Spatula or Spoon
Chocolate Chick Eggs in a Nest RecipePrint
The perfect treat for Easter. Rice cereal treats, filled with coconut and topped with chocolate candy eggs.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 10 oz puffed marshmallows
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 7–10 drops green food coloring
- 1 bag chocolate egg candies
- Place the shredded coconut in a ziplock bag and add food coloring. Mix until coconut turns green. Set aside.
- Place butter in a sauce pan and heat on low.
- Once butter has melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal and stir until completely mixed.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or lightly spread butter in each section.
- Fill each section with the finished cereal mix.
- Take something round, cover it with wax paper and push down in the center of each treat. This will help to create the nest shape. Repeat with all.
- Remove from the tin and place on a plate.
- Fill each with green coconut.
- Top with chocolate egg candies.
Want to Create the Bunnies Too?
After we were done with the chocolate chick egg nest treats, we wanted to create a little bunny as well. What’s more Easter than bunnies and chicks? The bunny is super easy to do. Just take some shredded coconut that hasn’t been dyed and add the rabbit feet and tail. These cute little tail and feet candy pieces can be purchased at Target for under $5. They also come with white sprinkles that you can use instead of the coconut (or save them for your next baking project).
If you’re looking for a little more complicated option, you can also make cupcakes and top them with a little frosting, the green shredded coconut and chocolate candy eggs. I bet those would be just as much a hit as these chocolate chick egg nest treats are.
What special treats does your family make for Easter? Comment below! I’d love to hear. Maybe next year, we will try out your recipe!
Looking for more Easter fun? Check out our baskets on a budget!