Looking for an easy and fun Valentine’s gift idea for your kids to give to their friends? Having three girls so far apart in age, holidays like this can get expensive. So, this year, my girls worked together to find the perfect Valentine for all ages. What they came up with is absolutely adorable and as perfect for Kindergarten as it is for Middle School. A small container of candy, a shovel spoon, and a little note that says, “I totally dig you.”
We purchased all of the supplies on Amazon (I’ve linked those below for your convenience), except for Valentine’s candy and the things we already had in the house. In total, each Valentine costs approx. $1. I’ve also created a printable sheet of labels for your convenience.
The girls had a blast at the kitchen table, putting each box together for their friends, and they can’t wait to bring them to school on Valentine’s Day and wow them with what they’ve created.
Supplies Needed for I totally dig you Valentine
Our Printable Label Sheet or Image
Clear Pillow Boxes
Disposable Shovel Spoons
Red Construction Paper
String or Ribbon
- Take your pillow boxes and seal one side with a small piece of tape to keep them closed.
- Fill the boxes with candy and seal the top with another small piece of tape.
- Secure the shovel to the front center of the box with a small piece of tape.
- Cut out 2″ circles from the red construction paper.
- Download Our Printable Label Sheet or image file. If you have Avery 5293 1 2/3″ labels, you can print our label sheet, and they should line up perfectly. If you have any other sized labels, you’ll want to download the label image instead, find the template from the label manufacturer, and input it into their template before printing.
- Write your child’s name on the provided line.
- Peel a label and attach it to the center of each construction paper circle.
- Punch a hole in the top of each circle construction paper/label. I used a heart-hole punch, but you can also use a circle.
- Tie a piece of string around the box (at the center of the shovel).
- Thread the construction paper/label circle through the string and tie it again to form a knot. Then tie it into a bow.
Looking for another idea? Make sure to check out our other printables. We have some for all occasions, with lots more coming soon!
This is the best idea! I love it. My daughter might want to pass some out to friends. She’s in middle school now so no more elementary parties, but she still wanted to give something to friends.
I am such a sucker for little Valentine’s things like this. I like them for school valentines. I will miss when my kids are older and not into things like this anymore.
I’m totally digging those shovel spoons! (Sorry, I just couldn’t resist!) This is adorable.
aws! im a sucker for cute things so there is no doubt that I love this! I also like that it is practical as many things tend to be pricey just because it is vday
This is the cutest Valentine for kids! I just love it and I know the kids will too. I love how even the hole punch is heart shaped. So very cute!
I am always amazed at the fun valentine day candy gifts people think up. These are really cute. I would never think of neat stuff like this.
That is so cute! I can’t get enough of holiday-related puns. Valentine’s Day is the perfect one for them. I love it!