You probably know how fond of Valentine’s Day we are in this house. I find myself creating multiple printables so that my kids have some options when it comes to giving classroom gifts. This year, I thought it would be best to offer a non-candy valentine option. If you’re looking for a quick, last minute option, check this out.
I stumbled upon this Country Meats printable which is actually meant to be used by PTA/PTO, to sell as Valentine Grams to raise money for schools. But honestly, it’s the perfect option for those of us that send little Valentine’s Day gifts to school, with our kids.
This is an excellent handout for Valentine’s Day and should cost you less than $2 per kid. All you’ll need to buy are the Country Meats snack sticks and download the printable.
Non-Candy Valentine’s Day Classroom Gift
Before I share the printable and the step-by-step instructions on how to create this non-candy valentine, let me share a little about the meat sticks that we used.
We learned about Country Meats snack sticks in 2023, after touring the facility. It was love at first bite. The quality is by far the best of any meat stick we’ve ever purchased. They come in 14 flavors and offer spicy, sweet and savory. While they are mainly used as a fundraising product, you can also purchase them as a supporter on their website. It’s an amazing company that enjoys helping non-profit groups achieve their goals.
In this case, if you’re running short on time and want to purchase some Country Meats snack sticks, you can do so on Amazon. They sell them in packs of 14.
While you don’t have to use cardstock paper, I recommend it because it’s more sturdy and will not bend, rip or crease easily. If you don’t have any in your home, you can use regular printer paper.
How to Create This Non-Candy Valentine for Kids
- Paper and a Printer
- X-ACTO Knife and/or Scissors
- Country Meats Snack Sticks
- Valentine Grams Printable
- Tape (optional – to secure the meat stick to the paper)
- Download the Country Meats Valentine printable, and save it to a folder you’ll easily remember. Next, open it in Adobe Acrobat, choose the designs you want to offer and print as many as you need. We recommend using cardstock paper as it’s sturdier, but you can also use regular printer paper if that’s what is available to you.
- Cut out each card. There are four per page.
- Cut along the thin white lines on each card with an X-ACTO knife or scissors.
- Insert a Country Meats snack stick into the top cut and through the bottom cut.
- Write recipient name, homeroom teacher and who it’s from on either the front or the back of the card.
What do you think of our this non-candy Valentine’s Day creation? Keep an eye out (and sign up for our e-newsletter) for more Valentine’s Day goodies! We also have a bunch that we’ve shared over the years. Make sure to check out all of our Valentine’s posts.