When we think of St. Patrick’s Day, we think leprechauns and the giant pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The girls love to create little treats for their friends at school and this year we thought it would be fun to focus on those things and create the cutest little St. Patrick’s Day gift. They can be given out to classmates, co-workers or even teachers! I even created a FREE printable for you and posted a how to video below, so make sure to check that out!
A couple of things before we get to the details… you can use any rainbow candies you’d like for these St. Patrick’s Day gifts. We chose M&M’s because they had all of the colors we needed. We were able to pick up a 3lb 14oz container at our local club warehouse. They are also available on Amazon (I linked that below for you).
If you are able to, I highly recommend allowing the kids to help! I had my 7 year old sort the colors and then help me count 18 pieces, of each color, into each bag. When we were finished, she said she had so much fun because it was like mixing chocolate and math. I love any project that gets my girls to love math more!
How to Create These St. Patrick’s Day Gifts
- Download our free Lucky and Rainbow Printable, open in Adobe Acrobat and print on cardstock paper (you can also use regular printer paper if that’s all you have available).
- Using a paper cutter or scissors, cut out each card (there are 20 on each page).
- Punch a hole on each card on the top left hand side.
- Fill out the “from” on each card.
- Separate rainbow candies by color.
- Open a bag and place 18 pieces of each, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and brown candies. The number may vary, depending on the size and shape of the bags you choose. This worked well for the bags we linked to above.
- Place 8 chocolate gold coins on top, in a stack.
- If you chose the same bags we used, use a provided tie to tie the top of the bag. If you used different bags, you can use string or ribbon.
- Place one part of the tie/ribbon, into the punched hole on one of the cards and tie one last time to secure.
- Repeat until you have all of the gift bags you need.
How To Video
What do you think of our St. Patrick’s Day creation? And if you’re looking more St. Patrick’s Day ideas, make sure to check out our Leprechaun Bait idea from last year and make sure to try our Cheesy Bacon Irish Soda Bread Muffins and Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!
*This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on them and decide to make a purchase, our family will receive a small commission. We appreciate your support!