When we think of St. Patrick’s Day, we think of leprechauns and the giant pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The girls love to create little treats for their friends at school, and this year we thought it would be fun to focus on those things and create the cutest little St. Patrick’s Day gift.
They can be given out to classmates, co-workers, or even teachers! I even created a printable for you and posted a how-to video below, so check that out!
A couple of things before we get to the details… you can use any rainbow candies for these St. Patrick’s Day gifts. We chose M&M’s because they had all of the colors we needed.
We picked up a 3lb 14oz container at our local club warehouse. They are also available on Amazon (I linked that below for you).
If you can, I highly recommend allowing the kids to help! I had my 7-year-old sort the colors and then help me count 18 pieces, of each color, into each bag.
She said she had so much fun when we were finished because it was like mixing chocolate and math. I love any project that gets my girls to love math more!
How to Create These St. Patrick’s Day Gifts
Pot of Gold Printable
Rainbow Candy (we chose M&Ms)
Chocolate Gold Coins
Scissors or Paper Cutter
Pen or Marker
- Download our Lucky and Rainbow Printable, open it in Adobe Acrobat, and print on cardstock paper (you can also use regular printer paper if that’s all you have available).
- Cut out each card using a paper cutter or scissors (there are 20 on each page).
- Punch a hole on each card on the top left-hand side.
- Fill out the “from” on each card.
- Separate rainbow candies by color.
- Open a bag and place 18 pieces of each red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and brown candies. The number may vary depending on the size and shape of the bags you choose. This worked well for the bags we linked above.
- Place eight chocolate gold coins on top of a stack.
- If you chose the same bags we used, use a provided tie to tie the top. If you use different bags, you could use a string or ribbon.
- Place one part of the tie/ribbon into the punched hole on one of the cards and tie it one last time to secure it.
- Repeat until you have all of the gift bags you need.
What do you think of our St. Patrick’s Day creation? Don’t forget to check out all of our St. Patrick’s Day recipes and craft ideas.
I need to make these for my boys. They are so darn cute and my boys will love them.
These chocolate little bags are such a cute idea for St Patrick’s Day! The printable is very useful too.
Oh these are so much fun and what a wonderful little gift bag of goodies that the kids and adults will love! So bright and colorful too and I always love those chocolate gold coins 🙂
So many awesome gift ideas for this year’s St. Patrick’s day!
This is such a cute idea! I love all the colors, and everyone loves candy. It’s perfect!
This is such a cute idea love all those colors and the coins
Those are very creative, St. Patrick’s Day gifts! Thanks for sharing!!