Do you love the perfect flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter? Do you love Reese’s Peanut Butter cups?! You are going to love this easy to make, buttery peanut butter fudge. It’s so good, you may not want to share. The good news is, you can double the recipe and make a bigger batch.
This would make a perfect gift for the holidays. Just pack it up in some cellophane or a reusable box! Just make sure no one has a peanut allergy! You can also swap out the Reese’s for Snickers if you’d like a variety! You can also make some of our Nutty Nutella Fudge as well and pack it all up together!
Let’s talk about the ingredients. I use creamy peanut butter, but you can probably use crunchy as well if you’d like some texture. Just make sure you don’t use the natural peanut butter as that tends to be very oily and will give you a different consistency.
Make sure that your peanut butter and butter mixture gets to a rolling boil. It will make a difference in your fudge if you pull it from the heat too soon.
If you want to add a little salty to your sweet, you can sprinkle some flake salt to the top, before it goes in the refrigerator to set.
Your fudge mixture will be similar to play dough. If you find that your fudge is a little on the oily side, you can always add in a bit more powdered sugar. If it seems too crumbly, you can add in a bit more melted peanut butter. Just use the exact measurements I provided and your Reese’s peanut butter fudge should be perfect!
My favorite part of making fudge is how easy it is. There is no baking involved. You can change this up by leaving out the candy, or adding a different candy. The possibilities are really endless. It’s a fun recipe to make with the kids on the weekend. They can do everything aside from the stove part on their own. Mine love to unwrap the Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups because they know they’ll get to sneak in one or two to “taste test” them.
I’ve tried to show the steps in photos above for you, to make it a bit easier.
Step 1: Peanut butter and sticks of butter before putting it into a pan and onto the stove.
Step 2: Sifted powdered sugar
Step 3: Sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract
Step 4: Powdered sugar mixture and melted peanut butter and butter
Step 5: All fudge ingredients mixed together
Step 6: Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups in a parchment paper lined baking pan
Step 7: Fudge spread out on top of the Reese’s peanut butter cups
Step 8: Fudge with drizzled chocolate
Now that you know a little bit about our Reese’s peanut butter fudge, I’m excited to share our recipe.
Reese’s Peanut Butter FudgePrint
If you love the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you’ll love this creamy and buttery Reese’s peanut butter fudge.
- 2 sticks of butter, unsalted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Place butter and peanut butter in a sauce pan, heat on medium heat, stirring frequently until it boils and then remove from heat.
- Sift powdered sugar into a large bowl and add vanilla extract and peanut butter mixture.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, enough so that it overflows out of the dish. This will make it easier for you to remove it later.
- Unwrap your Reese’s peanut butter cups and line them up at the bottom of the dish, bigger side on the bottom.
- Put your fudge mixture on top of the Reese’s, level and smooth it out and push down a bit to make sure it settles around each peanut butter cup.
- If you’re going to drizzle chocolate on top, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave, 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each 15 seconds until completely melted.
- Place melted chocolate either in a plastic sealed bag or a piping bag and drizzle across the top.
- Place fudge in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Remove and slice into squares.
If you try our version of the Reese’s peanut butter fudge recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Don’t forget to check out all of our family friendly recipes!