This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Thank you Ring Pop® for sponsoring this post. Read below for step-by-step instructions to create this fun Ring Pop Party Starter activity!
One of the first things I learned about Super Dad, almost 20 years ago, was that his all-time favorite treat is a Ring Pop. It’s a love he’s passed on to his girls, and they have quickly become our go-to road trip, movie night, or game day treat. So, when we were asked to create our own Ring Pop Party Starter activity, he may have done a happy dance (or two).
If you’re looking for a fun craft to do this summer with your kids, I have one that’s easy and will keep them entertained and happy! With just a few basic supplies, you can turn a Ring Pop into a caterpillar finger puppet, perfect for a sweet puppet show! Once they’re done creating and putting on their little show, they can enjoy a fresh Ring Pop, a treat that makes every get together better.
This fun caterpillar finger puppet craft can be created again and again. Ring Pop has so many different colors and flavors, you can create a whole cast of characters for your puppet show. Give them names! Write them a story! Make sure they have fun voices! It’s endless amounts of fun (not to mention, will always have a sweet ending).
You can even grab a cardboard box and create a stage! Turn it into a full production. It’s the perfect activity for a party or playdate.
Supplies You’ll Need
- Your favorite Ring Pop flavor (we chose blue raspberry and watermelon)
- Pipe Cleaner
- Pom Poms
- Hot Glue
- Candy Eyes
How to Create a Ring Pop Caterpillar Finger Puppet
- Select and unwrap your favorite Ring Pop flavor.
- Choose a pipe cleaner and tightly wrap it around the top of the ring part of your Ring Pop (closest to the base) to secure it.
- Select your pom pom colors and line them up in the order you want your caterpillar to be.
- Add a small amount of hot glue to the bottom of the first pom pom and attach to the top of the pipe cleaner (closest to your Ring Pop).
- Once that’s cooled, continue to add the rest of your pom poms, one at a time, in the same manner. We chose to use 8 pom poms in a variety of sizes, but how long your caterpillar is, is totally up to you.
- Once you’ve added all of your pom poms, curl the remaining pipe cleaner so that it resembles a pom pom.
- Take two candy eyes and stick them to the top of your Ring Pop. They should stick on their own. You may notice that the lollipop gem top of your Ring Pop forms a smile for your little caterpillar. Adorable, isn’t it?!
- Place the ring on your finger and shape the caterpillar to go up your arm.
- Once your friends and family have created their very own caterpillar finger puppet, you can all put on your very own caterpillar puppet show!
If you love our idea, make sure to check out all of the Ring Pop Party Starters. They have a bunch of creative ways to have fun with Ring Pop.