This blog post is sponsored by Disney Book Group.
My kids have a routine. They get home from school, grab a book and run to the kitchen for a little afternoon snack. While they usually select good-for-you snacks, occasionally I like to surprise them with something a little sweet. When I can create something that compliments the book they are currently reading, they are over the moon. So when Iyla started reading Sanity & Tallulah I knew I had to come up with a space-inspired snack. Space Bark was so yummy, I had to share it!
I don’t know about you, but we gravitate toward the salty/sweet craze. So imagine sea salt peanuts, chocolate and little candy stars coming together for a treat that is almost too good for this galaxy. The combination is absolutely out of this world and so easy to make! If you or your loved ones have a peanut allergy, no problem, just substitute the peanuts for other fun salty snacks like pretzels or potato chips! The possibilities are endless.
Scroll down for a step by step video on how to make Space Bark.Print
- 1/2 Cup Sea Salt Peanuts (or your favorite salty snack)
- 1 10oz Bag Chocolate Melts (Black) or Dark Chocolate
- 1 10oz Bag Chocolate Melts (Purple)
- 1 10oz Bag Chocolate Melts (Blue)
- 2oz Unsweetened Chocolate or 100% Cacao
- 1 Bag Star Sprinkles
- 1 Bag Sanding Sugar (Purple)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by placing a sheet of parchment paper on top
- Melt black chocolate according to packaging
- Spread 3/4 chocolate in a thin, even layer along the bottom of your cookie sheet
- Sprinkle peanuts throughout the spreaded chocolate
- Spread remaining melted chocolate on top of the peanuts
- Melt 1/4 bag purple chocolate according to packaging
- Drizzle on top of your chocolate/peanut mixture
- Repeat with blue chocolate
- Sprinkle 1/2 bag of stars on top
- Sprinkle 1/2 bag of purple sanding sugar on top
- Melt cacao
- Drizzle on top
- Refrigerate until solid
- Break into pieces
Let’s Talk About This Book!
Sanity & Tallulah by Molly Brooks, is a funny and smart science fiction graphic novel about best friends Sanity and Tallulah. The girls must find their furry, adorable, and totally illegal science experiment when she escapes in the space station they call home.
Sanity Jones and Tallulah Vega are best friends on Wilnick, the dilapidated space station they call home at the end of the galaxy. So naturally, when gifted scientist Sanity uses her lab skills and energy allowance to create a definitely-illegal-but-impossibly-cute three-headed kitten, she has to show Tallulah. But Princess, Sparkle, Destroyer of Worlds is a bit of a handful, and it isn’t long before the kitten escapes to wreak havoc on the space station. The girls will have to turn Wilnick upside down to find her, but not before causing the whole place to evacuate! Can they save their home before it’s too late?
START OF SPACE-TASTIC SERIES: This is book one of a three-book graphic novel series following irresistible pair Sanity and Tallulah as they get in and out of scrapes in their outer space home.
CELEBRATE STEM: Chock-full of imaginative biology, tech, and engineering references, Sanity & Tallulah encourages experimentation and problem solving. It’s a dream come true for kids who love science, as well as parents and teachers clamoring for more STEM titles.
Step by Step Video:
I think next time we make it, we’ll add pretzel sticks and marshmallows! What would you add to your space bark? Comment below and let us know!
Pin for later >>