Let me start by saying, I have never been a fan of April Fool’s Day. It’s a day I usually spend in my home, not answering the phone and not subjecting myself to any situation where I might get fooled. Why? I have no idea. I guess, like most people, I just don’t like people laughing at me for any reason. So when I became a Mom, I promised myself that I would never purposely try to fool my kids.
And I kept that promise… for about the first 10 years or so. But then my oldest came home from school on April Fool’s Day and was telling me all of the ways that her friend’s parents had fooled them. I thought I was being a good Mom, but she thought she was being left out. So, the following year, I cut a bunch of E’s out of brown construction paper, dropped them in a baking pan and covered it with aluminum foil. When she got home from school, I told her and her younger sister that there was a pan of brownies waiting on the counter for them (brown E’s… get it?). They ran in, ripped the foil off and yelled.. “MOOOOMMM!” I’ll never forget the laughter that followed. They couldn’t wait to go to school the next day and tell their friends. It was the day I changed my mind about April Fool’s Day.
This year, since most of our day-to-day lives revolve around our cell phones, I thought it would be fun to share 10 ways you can prank your loved ones, just by borrowing their cell phone for a few minutes.
Top 10 April Fool’s Cell Phone Pranks
- Change Contact Names – change some of their contact names to random things like Spiderman, This Guy, Little Miss Sunshine, Uh Oh.. Not Him Again, April Fool’s
- Set Alarms… Lots of Alarms – set alarms every few minutes, for hours. That should be fun!
- Change the Language – Go into settings and change it to another language.
- Change the Fingerprint – if you have an iPhone, you can add your own finger print and delete theirs. They won’t be able to access their phone with their print (only with their pass code)
- Change the Wallpaper – Change it to something that’s sure to make them giggle. A goat wearing a dress perhaps?
- Add a Text Replacement – Choose a word they probably use often in text or emails like “the” and add a keyboard text replacement to something funny “April Fool’s”… so when they text “I’ll be at the house soon”, it will change to “I’ll be at April Fool’s house soon.” Get creative! The possibilities are endless.
- Change their Ringtone – Pick a song they are most likely to dislike and make it their ringtone.
- Add Your Birthday to Their Calendar (feel free to make your birthday every day, for the next couple of weeks) – Add a special note like “make sure to buy ____ an awesome gift”
- Selfie Bomb – Take as many selfies as you can.
- Crack & Break It – Download this app, take a screenshot of their main screen, add a break and leave that image on their phone. When they open their phone, they’ll think their screen is shattered.
Which one will you try?