This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLE® LA LECHERA®. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are quickly approaching. For my super family, that means getting together, unplugging from our day to day responsibilities and enjoying every moment with those we love. A big part of our holiday gatherings is centered around the food we make. While we occasionally try new dishes, making certain dishes has become a tradition. One of our favorite desserts is banana pudding. This year, I’ve adapted a family favorite into individual banana pudding jars with a little twist.
I believe the holiday dinner tradition started when I was a kid. I remember helping my nana make her individual dessert cups for her guests. Every holiday, we worked together to prepare them, placing them in the extra refrigerator in her garage. It took a lot of self-control not to go in there and eat one, but somehow, even as a child, I managed to restrain myself and wait until I was told I could have one (or two). Those holiday meals will always have a special place in my heart. Whether it was immediate family or family from out of town, nana always took the time to make sure they felt at home and had a meal that was good enough to serve in a restaurant. I’m talking three or four courses of pure yummy!
Sharing Traditions and Banana Pudding.
Now that I’m a grown up and have a family of my own, I look forward to those holiday family dinners. And although we are all so busy and don’t get together as often as I wish we could, I really enjoy spending the day preparing each dish, just like my nana used to. My favorite part is definitely coming up with new ways to serve our traditional favorites. It’s something I’ve been wanting to share with you all for a while, so I figured there’s no place better to start than with dessert!
The key to these individual banana pudding jars is the layers. Layering vanilla wafers, fresh bananas and pudding and then topping with a little dark chocolate and a crunchy, chocolate dipped banana chip, gives you an incredible experience of different textures and tons of flavor. While I used to make a large batch, in one container, I’m loving this new twist. These small mason jars are the perfect portion size for your dinner guests and can be easily sealed with a lid so that the flavor stays packed in until they’re ready to eat.
Now is the perfect time to try it out because when you visit www.getthesavings.com/lalechera you will save $0.75 when you purchase two NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA products at Publix now through 12/16/18.
It’s all about the Ingredients.
One of the many reasons I love this recipe (besides the fact that it’s SO yummy) is that it’s easy to make and leaves me more time to spend with my family. It’s one that my kids love helping me with because there’s no baking involved. The key to the perfect individual banana pudding jars is your ingredients. I make sure to buy all of the best, freshest ingredients at my local Publix. When it comes to condensed milk, I only useLA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk. LA LECHERA has an authentic flavor and is available both in a can and in a squeeze bottle (look for the new packaging in stores now), which I love because if I don’t need the whole can for a specific recipe, I can refrigerate the rest!
- 1 – 14oz can LA LECHERA condensed milk
- 1 – 12oz container whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 – box vanilla wafers
- 6 – ripe bananas (sliced)
- 2 – cups whole milk
- 5oz box french vanilla pudding mix
- 8oz cream cheese (softened)
- 12 – mason or dessert jars
- melted dark chocolate
- banana chips
- In a bowl, combine milk and pudding mix with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and condensed milk and mix until smooth.
- Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Add cream cheese mixture to pudding mixture and stir until blended.
- Line bottom of each jar with cookies. I like to put one full one and then crush some more around it to fill in the gaps.
- Add a layer of bananas on top.
- Add a scoop of pudding mixture on top and tap on flat surface to pack the pudding in.
- Add another layer of cookies.
- Add another layer of bananas.
- Add another scoop of pudding mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, melt some chocolate.
- Dip half of each banana chip in the chocolate, lay on wax paper and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open each jar and drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Top with a vanilla wafer and a banana chip.
If you love banana pudding, I’d love for you to try this recipe and let me know what you think! Would you add anything to it?
Do you make any recipes with LA LECHERA condensed milk? If so, comment below and share!
Pin for later >>