1 202 100
Want to make some fun treats for your kids but don’t have hours or a big budget to do it? Or, do your kids want to have some fun in the kitchen and you don’t want to deal with a huge mess? These spider treats are made of just 4 ingredients that are prepackaged and easily purchased from your local grocery store. In just minutes, you can have these fun and super yummy Halloween spider treats ready to put smiles on everyone’s faces!
First, let me start by acknowledging the fact that spiders have eight legs and these treats only have six. Let’s not focus on that. These aren’t real spiders. They are yummy, chocolatey, crunchy, won’t last long enough to notice they only have six legs, spiders. And if, for some reason, you can’t get past this and need your spiders to have eight legs, please feel free to add the additional two legs to your spiders when you make them.
And now that we’ve addressed that, let’s get to how to make these Halloween spider treats.
How to Make Spider Treats for Halloween
Halloween Spider Treats
- 1 pkg Oreos dark chocolate if available
- 1 pkg Pocky
- 1/8 cup chocolate melted
- 1 pkg candy eyes
- Separate the top of the oreo from the bottom/creme center.
- Cut Pocky into evenly sized pieces (approx. 2 inches).
- Press each piece of pocky, gently into the creme, to make the legs.
- Melt chocolate and using a toothpick, place a little on top of each pocky's center and then top with the Oreo's top. The melted chocolate will allow the top of the Oreo to attach to the bottom.
- Using a toothpick, place a small amount of chocolate to the back of a candy eye and stick it to the top, center of the Oreo. Repeat with the second eye.
The best part about these easy spider treats is that you can make them in various flavor options. Pocky and Oreo both come in a variety of flavors, so you can play around and make different varieties, depending on your tastes! You can also use any type of sandwich cookie, if you find one that has a different flavor that interests you.
Once you’ve created your Halloween spider treats, make sure to check out and try our trick or treat cupcakes, filled with either “slime” or sprinkles. They are both great options for your next Halloween get together, or even just to surprise your family.
What type of treats will you be making for Halloween this year? Comment below and share! We’d love to hear!