Easy Vegan Granola Recipe
We are constantly looking for yummy, good-for-you snacks. Our family recently discovered that we all really love granola! I mean, what’s not to love? Oats, nuts, dried fruits, maple syrup, all baked until it’s toasted and golden brown. Drooling yet? While store-bought granola is good, there is nothing quite like homemade granola. I’m excited to share this vegan granola recipe that is not only delicious, but so easy to make!
A Versatile Snack
Granola makes a great breakfast or snack and is great on yogurt, smoothie bowls, with fruit, on ice cream, with almond milk or even on its own! Since we made our first batch this week, we have been trying it in every way we can think of. It’s interesting to see how we all eat it differently. My 12-year-old prefers to eat it straight out of a bowl, on its own. My 8-year-old eats it like cereal with some almond milk. My 5-year-old eats it with strawberries, for breakfast. My husband loves it on top of dairy free yogurt with berries. I personally love it on smoothie bowls (which by the way is the next recipe I will be sharing this week, so stay tuned!) I love that we can make a big batch and enjoy it in so many different ways!
You can add raisins or other dried fruits, brown sugar, different types of nuts (almonds or walnuts maybe)… the possibilities are endless. We’ve even thrown some in a little container to take with us. It’s a great on the go snack! The best part is, it only takes 5 minutes to prep with my easy-read measuring cup set, small mix ‘n scraper, stainless steel whisk and my other awesome new Pampered Chef kitchen tools!
What would you put in your granola? Comment below and let us know!Print
Oats, nuts, dried fruits, maple syrup, all baked until it’s toasted and golden brown. Drooling yet?
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together oats, pecans, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the coconut oil mix over the oat mix and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir and spread evenly in a thin layer.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
Pin for later >>