Today is National Margarita Day. Problem is, I don’t drink but FOMO is real and I had to come up with a way to jump on the bandwagon. So instead of making something we’d just wind up throwing out, I decided to create a kid-friendly version that the whole family will love.
You guys… it’s so good. Like really, really good. My kids decided they loved it so much, they had to name it. Iyla came up with “Mom-a-Rita”. Pretty clever, right?
They’ve asked that I make it multiple times already (just this week alone) and I really can’t blame them.
If you’re looking for a family-friendly, non-alcoholic margarita recipe that the whole family can enjoy, read on! It’s the yummiest non-alcoholic margarita… at least according to my kids.
Looking for a family friendly version that you can serve for National Margarita Day (or any day really)? This one is by far the best!
- 3 cups Lemon Lime Soda
- 3 cups Limeade
- 1 cup Orange Juice (no pulp)
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 1 Lime (sliced)
- Margarita Salt or Sugar
- Add soda, limeade and orange juice to a pitcher and stir.
- Slice up the lemon and lime for each cup, making a small slit so that it can sit on the cup.
- Run the lemon or lime (or both) along the rim of the glass and then set the slices aside (you’ll use these again in a minute).
- Dip the top of the glass in either the margarita salt or sugar.
- Pour the mixture into each glass and top with a slice of lemon and lime.
Results are best if you refrigerate the liquids well before you need them. If not, you can add ice for a similar result (though the ice may make it a little on the watery side if not finished fast). Who am I kidding? This isn’t going to last more than a few minutes once everyone tastes it.
After three cups, the girls were all smiles. And if you like these, make sure to check out our newest recipe for non-alcoholic banana piña coladas!
I’ll be making these again tonight, along with our Vegetarian Lentil Tacos with Avocado and Salsa Fresca for National Margarita Day.
How are you celebrating? Will you be making family-friendly margaritas, alcoholic margaritas, or both? I’d love to hear about your plans. Comment below and let me know!