This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Tomorrow is National Pistachio Day! Pistachios are a favorite in our home, so we are always looking for ways to incorporate it into a recipe. Not only are pistachios delicious, but they are also a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and a number of nutrients, including vitamin B6 and thiamine. That’s a whole lot of benefits for such a small nut! In honor of the pistachio’s special day, we are celebrating with a fun and easy no churn ice cream. This pistachio, chocolate chip and coconut ice cream is so good and so easy to make, you’ll want to have a constant supply in your home.
I was introduced to no churn ice cream last year, when we created one of our most popular recipes, no bake almond joy ice cream pie. It’s funny because I purchased an ice cream maker years ago and only used it once. The result was a disaster and my kids still talk about it. When I found out that you can make ice cream without an ice cream maker, and realized how easy it was, I couldn’t wait to experiment with new flavors. Once you have the base, the flavor possibilities are limitless.
Pistachio ice cream has always been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. While there are a number of ways to flavor your pistachio ice cream base, you’ll find that using pistachios vs. artificial flavors will make a world of difference!
You’ll be creating the flavor in the food processor, which will later be folded into your whipped cream. When frozen, it’s creamy and incredibly delicious! I wanted to find a couple of ingredients that complimented the pistachio and on our second try, we really nailed it! We love the added crunch of the whole pistachios (you are welcome to chop yours if you prefer) and dark chocolate chips. The amount you add is totally up to you. Remember, you’ll be adding it to the ice cream itself as well as adding more on top before you freeze it. In our house, the more, the better.
No Churn Pistachio Chocolate Chip and Coconut Ice CreamPrint
This ice cream is packed with pistachios, dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut. So good, it'll taste like you spent hours making it!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 6–8 drops green food coloring (optional)
Ice Cream Toppings
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
- Place sweetened condensed milk, pistachios, coconut and food coloring into a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined and pistachios are completely chopped up into tiny pieces.
- In a separate bowl or in your stand alone mixer, combine heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium high for 5-6 minutes, until the whipped cream forms stiff peaks. Do not overmix.
- Fold pistachio mixture into whipped cream, using a rubber spatula, until it is completely combined (again, don't overmix).
- Add pistachios, dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream container. Make sure it's leveled.
- Top with toppings, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
In the past, I’ve used a couple of containers that we had around the house and always had an issue with them, so this time, I invested in a new insulated ice cream tub. Best $20 I ever spent. It’s the perfect size, so it fits nicely in our freezer, keeps the ice cream fresh and the perfect consistency AND it’s super easy to clean. It also comes in a few different colors, if you’re feeling festive!
I can’t wait for you to try this no churn pistachio, chocolate chip and coconut ice cream. I know you’ll fall in love with it just like we did! Of course, please make sure that no one has a nut allergy before you serve it (I know that may be silly to remind people of, but you can’t be too careful when it comes to allergies!)
Your ice cream will freeze in approximately 6 hours. It’s best that you make it the day before, or the morning before you want to serve it. Our family loves it in a waffle cone (chocolate waffle cones if they have them in your store, ours was out this time).
I can’t wait to hear what you think! Make sure to comment below or tag me on social media! And don’t forget to check out all of our family-friendly favorite recipes!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on it and decide to make a purchase, we make a small commission. We appreciate your support!