This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Fun fact… the first thing my family looks for in a new city is a good Italian restaurant. They have to serve great pizza and they have to have fresh, extra garlicky, buttery garlic rolls. Believe it or not, it’s not easy to find. Since we haven’t found a place in our new hometown yet, I made these pull-apart garlic rolls last week and they were gone in minutes!
I love how easy they are to make. So easy in fact, that my tween daughter can make them herself! They are also incredibly delicious and with 8-10 cloves of garlic, they definitely check off all the boxes! If you love buttery, garlic rolls, keep reading!
Before I share our pull-apart garlic rolls recipe, let me share a few tips.
I used dried basil and dried oregano in this recipe, but if you have fresh spices, I highly recommend chopping them and using them. Fresh spices always make everything taste better and fresher, in my opinion.
The quality of butter matters! I use grass-fed butter. It has a much creamier, buttery taste. Once you try it, you may never use any other type of butter again.
My recipe calls for the refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough, but if your local grocery store doesn’t have any (ours runs out quickly, especially during the holidays), you should be able to use any other type of biscuit dough.
Using a muffin tin allows the rolls to form and stay together until you are ready to pull apart and eat them.
When you remove your baked pull-apart garlic rolls from the oven, you can brush them with any remaining garlic butter that is at the bottom of the bowl you used to mix it. It gives your rolls an extra layer of buttery flavor. I sprinkle some fresh parsley and shredded parmesan cheese on top as well.
My kids absolutely love these pull-apart garlic rolls. They said that they remind them of the rolls at Red Lobster. I totally agree, though these don’t have cheddar cheese in them, the taste and consistency are definitely similar!
Taste them and let me know if you agree in the comments!
These pull-apart garlic rolls are great as an appetizer. They can be served with pasta as a side or even as a mid-day snack! They definitely hit the spot when we are having that fresh garlic roll craving.
I should warn you… they never last long, so you may need to make a second batch.
pull-apart garlic rollsPrint
These buttery pull-apart garlic rolls are super easy to make and incredibly delicious. They are perfect for any meal or get-together.
- (2) 10oz packages of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 oz butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 8–10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 350º and lightly grease a muffin pan with avocado oil spray or any other nonstick cooking spray.
- Pop open the containers of biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave in 15-30 second increments.
- Whisk together melted butter, oregano, basil, salt, parmesan cheese, and minced garlic. Leave some parmesan cheese on the side to use as garnish.
- Add your biscuit pieces to the bowl and toss until they are fully coated.
- Place 3 pieces of coated biscuit dough into each muffin cup in a single layer.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Allow to cool a bit and remove each pull-apart garlic roll carefully and plate. Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 7 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
If you try our pull-apart garlic rolls, we’d love to hear your thoughts. If you take a picture or share it on social media, don’t forget to tag us! Don’t forget to check out all of our family-friendly recipes!
Did you love this recipe?
You may have noticed a new feature on my blog. I can finally announce that I am one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program! Isn’t that exciting?!
Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you, my loyal readers, to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your support and appreciation for content on my website. Thank with Google gives you the chance to share which of my content you love the most and why.
Every time you decide to send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message that is sent directly to me. You can find the Thank with Google feature in my sidebar.
If you wouldn’t mind try it out and let me know what you think! As always, my family and I appreciate your support. Thank you for allowing me to do what I love the most.