12 128 56
Tired of the same ol’ box of Valentine’s Day cards that you get in the store? I know my kids are. They want to stand out! Want to create something easy for your kids to give to their classmates that will take their Valentine game to the next level?! These s’mores kits are fun, inexpensive and something the kids will not stop talking about!
When Falynn decided she wanted to give out s’mores kits this year, I knew Minted would have the perfect cards! You could imagine my excitement when I found s’mores cards! The unique design featuring a s’mores and marshmallow illustration is printed on luxe paper and comes in 5 different color options. These “I Need S’More Friends Like You” Valentines are the perfect way for your kids to celebrate with their classmates! They have your child’s name printed on them so all you have to do is add the recipient’s name. They are cute enough to give out on their own, in the envelopes provided! At $20 for 25 cards, they are a price point that doesn’t break the bank.
Looking for matching stickers?! They have those too! Check out the full Valentine’s Day collection.
Minted has a variety of designs and are offering my readers free shipping with code: VDAYESSUPERMOM for a limited time.
Some things that I learned while creating these s’mores kits:
- If you purchase the Hershey chocolate bars that have the little rectangles, you can cut them in half to form the perfect square. Use a knife to cut them! Otherwise, if you try to break them with your hands, they can melt and they may not split evenly, leaving you with unusable squares (though that does give you an excuse to eat some yummy chocolate.
- Use a knife to cut the graham crackers in half as well. You are more likely to make them even that way.
- If your local grocery store has sales on s’mores ingredients, buy everything then. We stock up when Publix has them as part of their buy one, get one free deals.
- If possible, pack them up in an insulated bag so that they don’t melt on the way to school or on your child’s way to their classroom.
How to Create S’mores Kits for Valentine’s Day
- Order your s’mores cards (and optional stickers) from Minted.
- Fill each bag with 4 squares of graham cracker, 2 squares of chocolate and 2 marshmallows.
- Tie the bag with a piece of twine.
- Punch a hole in the top center of each card and write the recipients names on each card.
- Place one end of the tied twine into the hole and tie a bow to secure.
- Place a sticker at the bottom of each bag (optional).
*We were gifted product from Minted. This blog post contains affiliate links which means if you click and make a purchase, we make a small commission. We appreciate your support!