This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyFoodMoment #CollectiveBias
Can I confess something? My family will eat tacos every single day of the week without complaint. Give them a tortilla filled with just about anything and they are happy (especially if there is avocado involved). Since my husband and I stopped eating meat, we’ve had fun finding and creating different meatless taco options. You would be surprised how many delicious vegetarian options there are out there and you don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy them! One of our new favorite recipes are these Vegetarian Lentil Tacos with Avocado and Salsa Fresca. These tacos are fresh, filling and have a kick to them!
These tacos are packed with a mixture of meatless crumbles and lentils and topped with fresh tomato salsa and avocado. You can adjust the spices to your comfort level. Make them as spicy or as mild as you’d like. Either way, they are a definite must-try. Read on for the full recipe.
While my husband and I love spicy food, we do suffer from occasional heartburn and indigestion. Is there anything worse than heartburn at night with sleeplessness? Anytime I eat spicy food, it rears it’s ugly head. Luckily, new Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies allow us to enjoy the spicy foods we love. It’s the ONLY fast relief of occasional heartburn + occasional sleeplessness. So we can enjoy our spicy meal and get a good night’s rest.
If occasional heartburn or indigestion get in the way of enjoying your favorite spicy dishes, make sure to grab these new Alka-Seltzer® gummies. They are now available at Walmart in the Pharmacy section by the Heartburn Relief products! Click here to save $1 on any Alka-Seltzer® product, while supplies last!
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetarian Crumbles
- 2 Cups Cooked or Canned Lentils
- 2 Haas Avocados
- 2 Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Limes
- Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Jalapeño Pepper, Seeded and Chopped (optional)
- Corn Tortillas
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt to Taste
- Place cooked or canned lentils, crumbles, chili powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and water in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat, uncovered, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, onion and jalapeño (optional) and combine them with lime juice from 1/2 lime, chopped cilantro and a dash of salt. Mix well.
- Cut both avocados, scoop and smash. Add lime juice from 1/2 lime and a dash of salt. Mix well.
- Heat corn tortillas.
- Fill each tortilla with lentil/crumble mixture and top with tomato salsa and a spoonful of avocado.
- Top with cilantro and a dash of salt.
Do Vegetarian Lentil Tacos with Avocado and Salsa Fresca sound like something you’d love? Would you make them spicy or mild? Comment below and let us know! We’d love to hear from you.