This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
It’s no surprise that our family loves OREO cookies. I try to bake OREO cookies into everything I can, every chance I get. So when I had to decide which fudge I was going to make this year, for National Fudge Day, I knew it had to be cookies and cream fudge!
Cookies and cream fudge is not something new. They probably sell it at every local fudge spot. It’s an incredibly popular flavor that everyone loves. But our cookies and cream fudge is a little bit different.
It wasn’t long ago that I ordered some fresh, homemade fudge from a popular company online. The OREO cookies and cream fudge was listed on their website as one of their most popular. I was expecting the girls to love it.
Surprisingly, my kids thought it was way too sweet and they were disappointed that there weren’t a lot of OREO cookies inside. So when it was time to make ours, we made sure that there were plenty of OREO cookies, offsetting the sweetness of the white chocolate.
I also wanted to make sure that we were making it an easy fudge recipe, so using only three ingredients was key. All you need is white chocolate, OREO cookies, and sweetened condensed milk. Plus, all you need is a microwave!
I’m not sure this cookies and cream fudge recipe could get any easier. And my kids confirmed that it was way yummier than the fudge I had purchased just weeks before. When they asked for seconds (and thirds), I knew they weren’t just saying that to make me feel good.
This fudge takes just a little over an hour to make, so it’s perfect for a last-minute treat for the family, for a sleepover party or to give as a gift!
To chop the OREO cookies, you have a few options. You can break them up with your hands, chop them with either the pastry dough cutter or a knife, or you can stick them in a resealable bag and crush them with any kitchen tool that has a handle.
Make sure that you leave a corner of the bag open so that it doesn’t pop and shoot cookie crumbs all over your kitchen (yes, I’ve been there). For the fudge, you’ll want to chop them a bit more. The OREO cookies for the topping can be crushed and left as slightly larger pieces.
I make fudge often, but I usually cut it with a knife and I have a hard time cutting it in even squares since the knife isn’t long enough. So this time, I splurged and got myself a large pastry dough cutter.
For under $10, it came with 2 different size pastry dough cutters. The larger one is the perfect size to cut your cookies and cream fudge in one shot and it easily sliced through cookies and all!
If you love this OREO cookies and cream fudge, you’ll want to check out our air-fried and deep-fried OREO recipes! Those two recipes have been shared thousands of times and I often get messages about how much people love them. The air-fried version is so easy, my 12-year-old makes them often and even created a quick video to show how easy they are to make.
Another of our favorite OREO snacks is our Teddy Bear Cookie Treats, made with both large and mini fudge-covered OREO cookies.
The steps in the photos above, show exactly how I make this incredibly delicious cookies and cream fudge. Please make sure to view the full recipe below for detailed instructions.
Step 1: You’ll need three ingredients – white chocolate melts, OREO cookies, and sweetened condensed milk.
Step 2: Melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave, in 30-second intervals.
Step 3: Mix in the sweetened condensed milk.
Step 4: Mix in OREO pieces.
Step 5: Place in an 8×8 pan, lined with parchment paper.
Step 6: Top with remaining OREO pieces and refrigerate for one hour.
Now that you know a little bit about this cookies and cream fudge, I’m excited to share our recipe.
Cookies and Cream FudgePrint
Our cookies and cream fudge is packed with OREO cookies. All you need are three delicious ingredients to make this super easy fudge.
- 18oz white coating melts (or white chocolate chips)
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 25 OREO cookies, crushed
- 20 OREO cookies, crushed (for topping)
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough around the edges so you can easily remove the fudge when it’s solid.
- Place 25 OREO cookies in a resealable bag. Leave a small corner open and then crush.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave your white chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until white chocolate is melted and smooth. This typically takes 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in sweetened condensed milk until fully combined. If fudge seizes up, you can add just a little water until it’s smooth again.
- Stir in crushed OREO cookies.
- Pour the fudge into your prepared baking dish, spread, and level.
- Place the rest of the OREO cookies in a resealable bag. Leave a small corner open and then crush.
- Place OREO cookies on top of fudge in an even layer. Press down just a bit so that the OREO cookies stick to the fudge.
- Place your fudge in the refrigerator and allow it to set for approximately one hour.
- Using the excess parchment paper, remove the fudge from the dish and place it on a cutting board. Cut into the desired size using a large knife, pizza cutter, or dough scraper.
If you make our cookies and cream fudge, we’d love to hear your thoughts. If you post it on social media, we’d love for you to tag @thesupermomlife! Don’t forget to check out all of our family-friendly recipes!